Yesterday we took the kids up to Jacksonville to meet our newest family member- Ella Leona- my brother’s newest baby.
Sammie loved holding her. Elle even wore the zebra print outfit Sammie got her for Christmas!
We thought their outfits coordinated nicely.
I don’t think Ella trusts Tyler. She makes the funniest facial expressions!
I think my sister in law got a better picture than this of all of the grandkids with grandpa Burnett, but this is the best one I got.
Darrin, Alexis, and Ella. I think Parker was running around from the sugar high I gave him from our valentines craft.
We did this activity. Except I didn’t bother with the homemade marshmallows- maybe some day, but I doubt it. Store bought marshmallows are still pretty good in this recipe. If you even call it that. It’s just semi sweet chocolate chips microwaved until melted with 1/2 tbsp. shortening to even it out a bit. Put marshmallows on a coffee straw and dip in chocolate, then dip in sprinkles. I swear it tastes just like Russell Stover's marshmallow hearts. YUM!
The kids had a great time and it was perfect for a toddler to do too. Spencer did one or two with help, but I didn’t get my camera out in time. They take a while to harden up and would do better in the fridge for that part, but waiting isn’t in a toddler’s vocabulary so they just ate them wet. Still really yummy!
Every year after valentines day my mother bought stuffed animals for the kids on clearance- valentine themed. They all have a huge collection of heart themed animals in their rooms.
This year when I was up in the present corner in my parents house at Christmas I found valentines dogs. Such a bitter sweet moment to realize this is probably the last time they’ll get a gift chosen with love from their grandma. She was so thoughtful about all of the holidays and really knew how to make it all fun for the kids. I hope to help carry on that tradition for the kids who won’t remember my mother.
Valentines Dogs- from left to right- named: Leona (my mom’s name and Sammie’s dog), Fireball Crash (Tyler’s) and Puppy (Spencer’s). He’s always chosen literal names for his animals.
Sammie looks just like her dad in that first picture of her and the new baby. And Tyler looks so much like you. I love that you found the Valentine's dogs from your mom. That is just a sweet reminder of what sounds like a really great lady.
ReplyDelete