The daily road of a family of five.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First Day of School

Sammie started middle school today.  She was nervous and excited and just ready to start this morning.  It’s fun to see her so grown up. 

Here’s a picture of her at her meet the teacher night next to her very first locker.

IMG_1045

Here’s her first day:  She rode the regular bus with her friends today.  Off and on she’ll probably ride Spencer’s bus, but not at first.  She was super tired this morning- couldn’t sleep because of the excitement plus the earlier start time.  She use to roll out of bed about 8:00 and now her bus comes at 7:45!  That’s going to take some adjustment for this night owl. 

P1020733

Tyler was a little later: Off to First Grade! We are super excited about his teacher this year.  She was Sammie’s 2nd grade teacher and is so good.  He will have an awesome year.

P1020737

Tyler’s second trip to the bus stop:

P1020738

P1020740

I didn’t even bother with Spencer’s picture before school- no need to traumatize him before he even gets there!  He has a great team of teachers working with him and he’ll adjust well to the more structured routine. 

Last night I was reminding him that school started today and he was a bit conflicted about it.  When I asked if he was excited about school tomorrow he said “Yes! School tomorrow!  Ride the bus!”  Then almost immediately he started to fake cry and say “No, I don’t want the school bus.”  It’s hard on everyone to get back into a full day of school after a great summer.

Maybe I’ll try to sneak a few pictures of him after school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment