The daily road of a family of five.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Holiday Lake Part 2

 

I took the kids to Holiday Lake by myself at the beginning of August and man alive I will think twice before doing that again.  Thomas told me I was nutto before I left, but I thought it would be ok.  Honestly, it wasn’t that bad, but Spencer was one huge mood swing and it just put us all on edge.  I think the beauty of going at the beginning of summer is that the kids are not sick of each other yet!  They say they still had fun even though I was pretty crabby.

P1020717

P1020726

Tyler and Spencer were playing in the mud/beach that wasn’t there back in June.  They have been hit hard by the drought.  Wish I would have had a picture of them after they got out, but I wouldn’t let them in the golf cart that muddy.  It was caked on from the knees down.  So gross.  Sammie didn’t last long with this activity- she was back at the trailer showering after about 15 minutes.  The boys stayed close to an hour. 

P1020720

I just like to see him with some energy.

We also went swimming at the country club, hung around the shops in town, played a lot of card games and visited with Dave and Wanda.  It was pretty fun even though I will have to be reminded about how stressful it is to go on extended trips with the kids by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment