The daily road of a family of five.

Monday, December 3, 2012

November 2012

IMG_0545

Sammie, Tyler and I did a “Turkey Trot” 5K.  This is them post race. 

IMG_0548

Then we made cookies with this sweet lady.  I go on a “date” with my friend Jo every Friday afternoon.  She’s such a sweetheart.  The week before Thanksgiving we made these cute turkey cookies.

IMG_0551

The kids thought Thomas and I were the coolest parents in the world when we got up one morning and made homemade doughnuts.  So easy.  I’ll have to post a recipe soon- although it’s more assembly than recipe.

IMG_0552

Spencer spent a lot of November like this.  Sitting in the chair, sick, hanging out and watching the coming and going of his crazy siblings. 

IMG_0553
Tyler celebrated his 7th birthday a few days early with his class.  The kids get to sit in the “Queen Bee’s Throne” on their birthday while the class sings to them.  It was pajama day too.

IMG_0557

Sammie decorated this cake for him for Thanksgiving at the Atkins since it was the day before his birthday this year. It’s our favorite egg free cake- Texas Sheet Cake. 

IMG_0570

This is one of the crafts we did as a family at Thomas’ parents house.  I don’t think we got everyone’s hand prints though.  They all wrote what they were thankful for on the fingers.

 

IMG_0558

Tyler got to go into Grandma Atkins’ parlor for the gift opening.  Yes, that’s a Thor Hammer. 

IMG_0560

Great Grandma Hembrough, Grandma Atkins, Tyler and Grandpa Atkins.  Love this picture.

IMG_0562

Then we celebrated with my side of the family on Friday night.  Parker has a Buzz bear from his b-day back in October and now Tyler has Spider Bear. 

IMG_0566
My Aunt Nancy Burnett- such a sweet lady to come to Tyler’s Birthday party.  (Tyler wouldn’t put Spider Bear down for anything)

IMG_0567
The 2nd cake.  Good old Wal-Mart.  It was really good.

IMG_0574

At the end of the month Thomas and I got to sneak away to watch Sammie’s first choir concert thanks to a good friend who came over to watch the boys.  It was really amazing what a bunch of middle school kids can do!

P1020808

This is what K-2 Soccer fun looks like in action.  I organized a soccer club after school with some high school varsity players this fall.  This is them getting ready to run a lap to warm up. 

P1020811

Tyler’s loving it. 

P1020803

Had to get one in of Miss Ella Bella who has started to terrorize the world by standing up on her own. 

We had a busy, fun month full of family and friends.  It was a beautiful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment