Each year I try to do something to celebrate the anticipation for Christmas- some way to mark off the days. In the past it’s been as simple as a chain of construction paper with scriptures about Christ and last year we did Christmas books. This year we just did simple gifts and snacks wrapped up and numbered.
I only took pictures the first few days, but the kids got things like ornaments, candy, crafts, a movie, popcorn, their favorite marshmallows, hot chocolate, other fun snacks- and their favorite- money. I rolled up bills and wrapped them. Man alive they were curious as to what that one would be!
I say this idea was a huge hit and I’ll be doing it again in the future.
Blueberry flavored candy canes- we always put candy canes on our tree.
I was always worried they would think an idea was silly or be disappointed because it was something small, but they were just as excited about a pack of mechanical pencils as they were about the more expensive items. The only bust was when I wrapped a container of frosting on the day we were going to make sugar cookies- Tyler hates frosting and wanted nothing to do with it!
One of them was pretzels. They were funny because the kids were still excited about simple pretzels- I guess they like opening gifts- it doesn’t matter what they get! But when I told them I had dipping chocolate they got really excited.
Simple foam stickers got this reaction.
This was our advent area- just a little bitty tree in the basement and gifts. Who knew such a simple idea could bring such joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment