The daily road of a family of five.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas in Jacksonville

We had a nice Christmas visit with extended family.  I hardly got any pictures though- which is how it goes every year.  I get too caught up in the moment and don’t document enough. 

We had a wonderful time with Darrin’s family Christmas Eve in Springfield- but I wasn’t feeling 100% yet and didn’t take out my phone once.  All well.

However, I have a few from Christmas morning with my dad-

IMG_0609

This is the big one.  Grandpa thought Tyler needed a Kindle Fire HD.  His reasoning?  Everyone else in the family has a tablet or iPod or iPhone so Tyler needs one too!  I guess he’s right because Tyler has loved that thing. 

IMG_0611

Sammie helping Spencer open his gift.  It was fish themed this year!  He loved everything.  Sammie got REAL ear rings from grandpa and a gift card to Aeropostale.  Oh, and they all got one of these flying monkey stuffed animals that screams when you sling shot it across the room.  Thanks Dad for that one!

IMG_0612

Later my aunt Nancy and cousin Hannah and her husband Derek came over and Dad thought it was funny how everyone was lined up on the couch with their electronics recommending apps for Tyler’s kindle fire. 

IMG_0613

We got them to look up for a few minutes. 

Thomas and I went to visit some of our family in a local nursing home.  Thomas’ Grandma Jane Atkins- who just celebrated her 80th birthday!

IMG_0614

We also saw my Great Aunt Marti and my Great Aunt Marilyn- who I didn’t get a picture of.

IMG_0615

I’m weird- I love nursing homes.  I’ve decided to visit these pretty ladies more when I visit family in Jacksonville.

IMG_0616

Grandpa Atkins helped Sammie paint this beauty for Miss Ella’s 1st Birthday!!  It turned out so beautiful.  We are just so impressed with what they create together.  We had a wonderful evening Christmas night with Thomas’ family, but by then Spencer was about at his max and fussed any time I took out the camera or iPhone so we didn’t take any real pictures.  It was a lovely meal and family time and we are just so grateful to be able to see so much family over the holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment