The daily road of a family of five.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

National Chocolate Chip Day and so on...

I like to look at the weirdo "days" that someone somewhere deemed important enough to have a day dedicated to them. I recently found this website that talks about all of these special days. For example, Did you know that earlier this week on the 16th we should have celebrated National Chocolate Chip Day? I feel like I missed out! Any excuse to make chocolate chip cookies will work for me!

Today is "No Dirty Dishes Day"- does that mean we have to catch up on our dishes or that we don't have to do dishes? I guess it's open to interpretation.

For your information, it's also "Date your Mate" month so take your sweetie out for a date before the month is over!

Some to look forward to next month include:

June 1st- Flip a coin day
2nd- National Rocky Road Day
4th- Hug your cat day
6th- National Gardening day or Yo Yo day- you can pick I guess.
7th- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day- YEAH!
9th- Donald Duck Day
12th- Red Rose Day
18th National Splurge Day!
and my favorite so far-
on the 19th is National Hollerin' Contest Day (always the 3rd Saturday in June by the way) Holler at your kids as much as you want that day I guess... or try to track down a pig caller.

2 comments:

  1. june 4th is national donut day. we are getting together with some friends for this special occasion!! i can't wait! haha
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun one. I'll have to celebrate that with the kids.

    ReplyDelete