First day of summer break! Here are a few pictures to mark the occasion.
This is our Atkins Family Summer wall. For Family Home Evening this week we wrote down things we wanted to do this summer.
Tyler's still in bed.
Gizmo resting after his walk. He's been up since 5:30!
Welcome to Summer! She woke up on her own, I just snapped the picture right at that moment. he he. Sammie and Tyler have been begging me to let them sleep in the same room all spring so we did it on the first official summer break night. I think they are going to sleep in Sammie's room tonight.
Spencer seems less than thrilled to be awake.
Today is the first full day home with the kids for summer break. With that comes a new routine and the challenge of keeping everyone happy for many more hours of the day than I am use to. My organizing challenge for myself this summer starting today is to fill the following 3 categories each day:
1. Something Fun! I want each of the kids to look at some activity from today and be able say-"Wow, that was fun!" (It would be wonderful if it was the same activity, but let's be realistic here)
2. Something Productive! Laundry is on the list for today. It seems to be the thing that gets pushed aside when other activities demand attention.
3. Something Outside! I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to weather so it may be a short trip to the dog park, but it'll be outside
No comments:
Post a Comment