The daily road of a family of five.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Great- Grandpa Atkins by Sammie Atkins

I was snooping through Sammie's writing notebook when I went in for her teacher conference on Monday and this is one of the gem's I found. I made her copy it out and bring it home so I could post it!

You are amazing Sammie! I'm so happy to be your mom!

Great Grandpa Atkins

I never really thought about him until we were invited to this music concert that my mom's friend invited us to. When we got our seat I just kept looking at this one empty chair and I started looking back to all of my memories with him. Like seeing his flag flapping in the wind, him holding me on his lap when I was four years old (I'm surprised I remember that) seeing his taped anniversary and feeling his hand on my shoulder. When I turned around he wasn't there, but I could feel his hand on my shoulder. Like I feel it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment