The daily road of a family of five.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookie (our birthday cake of choice)

 

This is the best chocolate chip cookie ever and the best part is that you can eat all the dough you want without worrying about the eggs!  Oh, and I guess the really great part is that Sammie can eat it if I get the right brand chocolate chips that are not made in a peanut factory.  Right.  That’s why I went searching for the recipe.  The eating the cookie dough part is just a way huge side benefit.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup margarine or butter
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (has to be non flavored to taste right)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, margarine and shortening until light and fluffy. Stir in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until incorporated, then mix in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonful's 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.  (we like to spread it out onto a pizza stone to make the cookie cake pictured for our recent birthday’s)
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown. Cool for a minute on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.  (You bake it a bit longer as a big cookie, but not as long as you’d think.  I didn’t time it I just took it out when it looked done.)

No comments:

Post a Comment