It’s been a busy weekend, but I’ve had time to snap a few pictures of some of the fun things that went on.
Let’s start with the last thing first-
I made homemade
yogurt!!!!!
It’s really not that difficult, but it takes HOURS to set up which I didn’t plan for very well. I started the process last night at 7 pm and had to do something to it at 9:30- no big deal- but then the major thing had to be done (adding the store bought yogurt to the milk) at 12:30 am. I’m by no one’s definition a night owl and even the fun book I’m currently reading was no help to me.
I even added the yogurt half an hour early because I can’t even remember the last time I stayed up till midnight- not even new years eve people so I gave up and went to bed and I still woke up to beautiful, creamy, delicious yogurt!!!
Ok, on to the kids…
Sammie was selected to participate in a young writers conference on Saturday! She and one other student from her class- and about 12 kids per school in our school district- got to go to a 3 hour writers workshop with Judy Young- children’s author and poet.
Over 300 kids from the district got to hear her read a book she wrote, had a Q&A, got a signed book (most exciting part for Sammie- she carried around with her all weekend) and even got to share a piece they have self published at school with the group!
We got her a special book and pen and wrote a little message about how proud we are of her dedication to her writing and how special she is. She loved it!
This is the view I have of Spencer in the dining room while I do dishes or cook (when he’s not under foot “helping” that is) It’s hard to tell, but I assure you he is not eating. Right before I took this picture he was just sitting staring at his food as if to say- why can’t you just fly into my mouth so I don’t have to work for you? I really want to eat you, but I just can’t make myself do it.
There is much about Spencer that I have trouble understanding, but his current relationship with food really throws me for a loop. If there’s good food in front of me I’m eating it. Period. ![]()
Closer up view of his cuteness as he sits beside his lunchable. He does like it I assure you… I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole, but the pizza lunchable is his current favorite lunch.
And here’s the proof- He does eat!
I wanted the pictures to put together for a social story of him actually eating so we can read it with him frequently throughout the day. He has one at school, but he has a hard time generalizing concepts to home that he has grasped at school. For instance, he is starting to take more independent bites at school while at home we still have to stand on his head to get him to eat.
And here’s just a quick picture of the fuzzy face… just because I need reminders that he’s really cute and cuddly when he is still having potty issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment