The daily road of a family of five.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Desk Before/After

Sammie and I were cleaning her room this morning and decided to put her back up on the loft.  (She had been sleeping with her mattress on the floor because she decided she didn’t like the loft sometime last year)

This move allowed us the chance to repurpose this sad old desk. 

Before:

P1010035

 

After:
I am by no means a master spray painter and you can tell if you get too close up to this piece, but hey- I was going to sell it for a few bucks at a yard sale so this is wonderful for us.

P1010328

Looking much better with it’s new coat of sage green paint and fixed up drawer pulls.  I didn’t buy new ones- I used a piece of leather for the nobs that were broken or missing.  Here’s a closer picture.  Would have been too perfect if I’d had the idea to do this before I ran out of paint, but all well.  Sammie says it adds charm so I’ll leave it for now. 

P1010327

The leather is actually from a broken shoe.  We keep strange things around here.  Smile

Here’s the view from the hallway with the bed etc.

P1010331

Yes, that is a giant giraffe at the head of her bed.  I think that’s technically Spencer’s, but Sammie has adopted him.

No comments:

Post a Comment