The daily road of a family of five.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Goings on and discoveries

 

Here are a few things going on around here:

Song Writing- Sammie has always liked writing, but now she’s added a guitar and started song writing.  We get a performance every night with a new song.  I love how creative she is.  I think I’m going to encourage her to use the piano instead of the toy guitar though… sneak in some piano practice!  We’ve taken a few videos.  If I figure out how to post those I will soon.

Maryland Heights Day Camp- Spencer isn’t eating as well as he was before camp so this week he went Monday and Tuesday and then we pulled him out.  Hoping it’s just a control issue here and his way of saying- “Dude! It’s like 120 degrees out here and I just can’t stand it anymore!”  He can’t actually say that, but I imagine that’s what he’s thinking.  He’s smart too.  I wouldn’t put it past him to use the not eating in order to escape the heat!

Wii guilt-  Every morning I hear these words from my sweet Tyler: “Mom, will you play the Wii with me?”  I’m his last resort.  If Thomas is home he’s #1 choice, then Sammie, then Spencer to watch him play and then me.  I’m only chosen if no one else is around or out of bed.  I try.  I really do.  I sit down with my nun chuck and remote and act like I know what I’m doing playing Lego whatever, but Tyler can tell my heart just isn’t in it.  After about 10 minutes he takes pity on me and decides to save his game from being ruined and tells me we can do something else.  We usually get REAL Legos out or play a board game, but I still wish I had a little bit of desire to learn how to play the games other than bowling and Just Dance 2.   We did recently get Mario Brothers, but I’m a little worried about starting that up.  I remember how many hours I played the original when I was a kid.

Here are some discoveries I’ve made this week-

Ann Brashares wrote another Sisterhood book- Sisterhood Everlasting.  I read it in one day. 

It’s too hot to go to my crappy gym with no fans on the treadmills or properly working central air conditioning. 

We can spend a total of 3 minutes at a time outdoors before the kids are running back inside for a drink and some AC.

Offering my house for a baby shower is a great motivator to get things cleaned up, dejunked, and painted.  Hopefully that wall that has needed a stinkin coat of paint for about 4 years will get done before the party! 

School starts in 8 days.  8 DAYS!  Where did my summer go?

I’ve also found a few blogs to haunt:

320 Sycamore

Centsational Girl  I love her Alma Project

Favorite Paint Colors  Real paint on Real walls- I am getting all kinds of ideas for my painting project coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment