Thomas’ immediate family had a reunion of sorts in Nauvoo, Illinois for all of the immediate family. I think that with the addition of my dad it was about 20 people. Pretty big immediate family huh? That was with missing at least 4 families!
It was a really fun time. With it coming so soon after my mother’s death I wasn’t sure if I’d have energy to go or want to be that social, but I really enjoyed myself. Having family around during this time has been a great comfort and Nauvoo always has a special spirit about it.
Here are a few pictures from the road trip. I sat in the back with Tyler and made funny faces at him the whole drive and we took these silly pictures. That and blasting the MP3 player made the trip up full of energy!
We got some close ups! We’ll keep some of these small because otherwise it’s just freaky.
This one is super cute if only he didn’t have gum in his mouth:
Grandpa got in on the action as well!
Finally, I couldn’t resist some of the beauty that was out my window. I love the landscape of Illinois.
All of the old farm houses you see along the road.
And of course the beautiful corn. I’m weird I know. I’ve always thought corn was pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment