The daily road of a family of five.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Favorite new hot chocolate recipe

Here’s the new fall favorite I adapted from this recipe on family fun.

Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate For A Crowd

Adapted from Family Fun Magazine
1 ½ cups water
12 oz white chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
6 cups milk (whole or 2% is best)
2 (16 fl oz or 6 cups) pumpkin spice creamer (refrigerated section)  
a few dashes of salt

Combine water and chocolate chips in a large saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.  Bring mixture to a boil for 2 minutes then reduce heat to low.  Stir in milk and creamer.  Warm until heated through.   Can also heat through in the crock pot.


Measurements for serving 4.
½ cup water
2 oz  white choc. chips
1 ½ cups milk
1 ½ cups pumpkin spice creamer
dash of salt

I made this for a church pumpkin party so I don’t have pictures, but man it smells great in my crock pot.  The kids liked the giant pumpkin marshmallows I bought to go with it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment