The daily road of a family of five.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Decorations 2011

My theme this year was simple…  we have a whole closet dedicated to Christmas decorations and we only put out a few choice ones.  I love how simple it is and how beautiful.

P1010953

No train this year… my idea.  The kids rebelled a little, but quickly forgot about it. 

P1010954

My little boot tree for my desk.

 

P1010955

The reason for the season.

P1010957

Our bit of fun.  Mom got me this years ago and he is still hanging in there.  He does spend most of Christmas deflated on the ground by Spencer’s room, but ever now and then the kids will plug him in and beat him up a bit.

I think this was his first year with us.  A little trip down memory lane with this cute little girl.  Taken 12/8/2005- the year Tyler was born.

pictures 003

 

P1010962

Our family room little tree and stockings etc.  On the mantle- too small to see from here is my collection of nativities.  I keep getting small ones as gifts each year and so I put them on display in one place this year.  The gifts under the tree downstairs holds our advent- a Christmas book each day of December.  We are also doing a Jesus Chain in the upstairs living room- learning a story of Jesus each day of December.  (Well to be honest that one started on like the 5th!) 

P1010963

My favorite little snowman.  Elaine made this for me one year.

P1010964

The pizza the kids and I made for dinner the night we decorated. 

I also have been busy making batch after batch of  this:

P1010968

Homemade caramel corn.  We packaged it like this for teachers this year.  We’ll also do some more this week for neighbors.  We have 17 teachers this year so it was a LOT of popcorn.  I think when all was said and done I made 14 quarts of popcorn.  (Spencer’s IEP team is 14 people alone!)  We had to eat some too of course.

P1010969

No comments:

Post a Comment