The daily road of a family of five.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas 2011

Here’s a recap of our Christmas celebrating this year.

P1010970

I bought enough Christmas books for the kids to read one every day of the month.

We have a tradition to get new pajamas for Christmas every year. We open the night before we open gifts. (Which for us is Christmas Eve morning before we leave town)

P1010972

Tyler got Superman!

P1010973

Sammie got some from Justice for Girls. Her favorite store.

P1010976

I think Spencer liked his!

P1010978

Thomas trying hard to look surprised.

P1010979

P1010987

Sammie drew Tyler a picture of Mario characters. I thought it turned out super cute.

P1010989

Spencer loves fun stuffed animals. He got this frog and snake and a Clifford.

P1010993

Sammie opening her kindle. She was really shocked. She is so fun to watch open gifts because she is so animated!

P1020012

Super Tyler posing with his buddy Spidey. They work together to keep his room safe from villains. This is one of those giant wall décor things. He loves it.

P1020013

Sammie showing off her zebra print kindle and bag. She is loving all things zebra these days so we couldn’t resist the zebra cling for the kindle.

P1020016

We went Christmas eve to visit my mom’s grave. One of her friends had put this Santa ornament on her grave. She collected Santa's. My sister in law Alexis had the lovely Christmas flowers made for the stone.

I didn’t manage to get any photos of the Christmas eve crew, but it was massive and generous and wonderful with a touch of sadness that mom couldn’t be there to soak it all up with us.


Christmas morning was just for Santa gifts and then off to church. Sammie asked for duct tape.

P1020020

P1020025

Sammie sporting her fun accessories and lip gloss from Uncle Darrin and Aunt Lex.

P1020029

Dad loving watching it all.

P1020030

Dad got all of the kids camo hats as a last surprise before we left Jacksonville. Tyler thought it was super cool to look like grandpa. He wears one almost everywhere.

P1020033

Spencer kept his on for about a second and then wouldn’t wear it again. At least I got a picture!P1020036

This is kind of a creepy picture with Santa wearing the extra hat that Spencer wouldn’t put on for the group photo, but it’s cute of everyone else.

We spent Christmas day with Thomas’ family and I was so busy I didn’t get a single picture. Hopefully some of the others will show up on the family website so I can save them.

We all missed my mom. We all remembered her and felt sad at times. We did try to remember that while we miss her we still have each other and we are grateful for the wonderful family we have to spend Christmas with each year.

P1010982

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment