Here’s a little peek into what’s been going on in our house lately:
Spencer made this fun pillow at school during his home economics class. It cheers me up every time I look at it sitting in our living room!
Sammie has had a LOT of homework lately. She likes to do it up in her loft bed. If I can’t find her around the house this is usually where she’s hiding. Gotta love the socks.
Tyler is my TV kid. If he has a minute of free time he is downstairs trying to sneak in an episode of power rangers or teenage mutant ninja turtles. He let slip at dinner last night how much ninja turtles he had watched since I put it on Netfiix and got himself a big break from TV for the evening! Thomas talked him into a game instead.
I can’t remember who gave us this puzzle for Christmas, but it was way too hard for me! It looks simple right? 48 pieces. Well, look at this:
Same puzzle… it’s one of those 3D puzzles or something or other. What a headache! You had to turn each piece to try to figure out if it might fit in both versions of the picture. At one point we had 3 adults and 3 kids looking at this silly thing and it still took forever. I think we have another one that will remain in it’s box for a while. This is still sitting proudly on the dining room table. We put so much work into it we didn’t have the heart to take it apart. I guess it did it’s job though and got the family doing something together!
Lastly,
We were studying about the Title of Liberty in the Book of Mormon this week as a family and I had the idea to make our own Title of Liberty.
The original one is found in Alma 46:12
“In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children.”
The Title of Liberty was written by Moroni, the chief commander of the Nephite armies, as a reminder to his people what they were fighting for, what was important. It was a tool to help them keep focus during a horrible war. To remember.
Last week we made a list of what was important to our family. Then this week the kids painted a poster board that I’ll buy a frame for and we’ll hang it in a place we will see often. As a reminder of what’s important, of what we stand for, of what we want our home to be about.
The original list was this: (in no particular order)
Heavenly Father
Church
Family Activities and Fun Food
The Scriptures
Choosing the Right (there’s a few CTR rings on this)
Home
Family
I added equality because I believe in teaching my children that everyone is a child of God and deserves respect and kindness no matter their abilities, situation or behavior.
Sammie came up with the design and everyone helped decorate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment