We had a fun Valentines day week in our house this year. Some years we don’t do much and others we do quite a bit. This year we did more than we have ever done in my memory and it was super fun. I think we have started a tradition with our special meal that will continue for a while if Sammie and Tyler have any say in the matter.
First- we made love bugs for the church teachers. The idea came from pinterest via the blog “The Beautiful Thrifty Life”.
Then we made a bunch for ourselves.
They have magnets on them so the teachers can actually use them which I thought was cool. Sammie liked decorating the plain clothes pins too.
Here they are on the fridge with the teacher’s notes attached. Love how Tyler’s says “Valentimes” So adorable.
This table cloth and a valentines themed dog my mom got Spencer one year were all of the decorating we did other than our bugs. Oh and these cute cards we made for each other-
Tyler always says “E”mazing rather than Amazing so we had to use it. Their eyes just lit up to think up words to describe why we love each other. It was a great family night.
Last night’s dinner was special for 2 reasons. I made homemade noodles for the first time ever- and the kids thought they’d died and gone to heaven. Especially Spencer. He had three helpings! We will be making them again I’m sure.
But the main fun was the kids roles. Sammie was the sues chef and baker, Tyler was the waiter, and Spencer was supposed to be the busboy, but got a little distracted so I helped out there. Tyler took Thomas’ coat at the door when he came home from work, sat him at the table he had set for the occasion and told us the specials. Then Sammie filled the plates and we all ate together. However, when someone wanted more water or food Tyler would rush into the kitchen, grab his white waiter towel for his arm- and come ask us what we needed. So cute.
I kept the camera away from Spencer for the meal and just enjoyed being together, but here are a few post dinner poses.
Our waiter:
Our baker and sous chef extraordinaire in action:
I got the kids these funny suckers with lips on them instead of sticks. I think I got more of a kick out of them than they did, but man these things cracked me up.
(I told Tyler to act “sassy”)
Sammie’s face cracks me up in this one and I think Tyler’s are on upside down. ha ha!
OK, last one…
Spencer didn’t see the humor in it- he just ate his in a few crunches and made me cringe.
It was a fun night.
No comments:
Post a Comment