The daily road of a family of five.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Goodbye April!

I'm happy to see the last of April. To be fair the beginning of April was pretty nice. After that it kinda went down hill. The most important event that happened was my Mom had a triple bypass surgery and came through it well and is recovering at home and doing amazing. I'm so proud of her and her dedication to being well again.

I was in Illinois for not quite a week at the hospital and came home to get sick with a stomach virus (got over it pretty quick) then Thomas got it, then Tyler got it and then Sammie got it. Thank goodness Spencer didn't get it- he can't afford to loose any weight. Tyler had it the worst and ended up in the hospital Friday night last week for overnight fluids.

Here's the strangest part of our adventure- the part where I still think- Did that REALLY happen?

Thomas and the big kids came to bring me some things to stay at the hospital more comfortably and I decided to take Sammie and Spencer down to the cafeteria. When I was getting my food and Sammie and Spencer were deciding on a dessert Spencer just put down his tray and decided to lay down on the floor of the cafeteria. When I noticed him I went to him to try to get him up and remind him that the floor was not a clean place to rest- blech! He couldn't support his own weight and slid back down to the floor and refused to get up.

Of course we are surrounded by doctors and nurses and nurse techs so he got immediate treatment. Also, because the issue happened at the hospital he was taken to the ER for evaluation. He's fine- probably just low blood sugar- but it was stressful having one kid in the ER and one in the Peds floor of the hospital!

Another funny part of the story is that when we were in line - with Spencer on the ground surrounded by doctors- Sammie was standing right next to a man who had a salad with a hard boiled egg in it. My completely irrational thought at the time was- I gotta get Sammie away from that egg!!! All I need is for her to go to the ER too because of an allergic reaction!

Anyhoo, everyone is better. Spencer scarfed a 10 piece chicken nugget meal from McDonnad's on the way home. Tyler came home from the hospital all better on Saturday and Sammie didn't get attacked by that egg. Sunday we vegged.

My stress level calmed a lot by getting out to see "Water for Elephants" last night with a friend.

Now I'm in prep mode for the best cake boss party ever for Saturday.

So far May is looking a lot better than April! Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Dereth! You had me laughing over the egg. Thank goodness nothing happened to Sammie. Poor mama!!!

    ReplyDelete