The daily road of a family of five.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer of Service

 

This summer I’m doing a summer of service with the kids.  Each week we will do some kind of service in our home, for our friends, for each other, or in the community.

We kicked it off last night for family home evening by making center pieces for the father’s day dinner at an assisted living home near our house. 

Next week we will deliver these beauties so they can enjoy them all week. 

A big thank you to Aunt Lex and Shannon for the huge supply of scrapbooking supplies that we use on scrapbooks and also for fun paper crafts like this!  You guys were so nice to think of us!

We made 54 of these shirt and tie pop ups.  I got the idea off family fun magazine online. 

We had a good system going by the end- Tyler was the “glue man” Sammie drew and cut out the ties and I assembled the shirts and glued everything down.

P1000635


P1000639

Please ignore the wall desperately in need of paint.

P1000650

Tyler had just gotten out of the bath for this picture and was so cold he had to wrap up in a quilt.  He fills his own bath now and had way too much cold water last night! 

We had a great time with our kick off.  I’ll update each week what we did for our Summer of Service project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment