When I started looking through our pictures of our paradise vacation last week I realized how green every picture was! With the exception of the few taken inside our trailer we were surrounded by beautiful, lush, green. It was such a fabulous time. Here’s a quick recap:
Tyler excited at McDonald’s Monday. We stopped for lunch at 10:15 because we were running out of lunch options before we hit the country. We had to wait around until 10:30 for them to start serving chicken nuggets.
Now for the green:
I love these next two shots.
This one of the bridge is just so beautiful. It was so pretty there.
I didn’t get a lot of pictures of our water activities for fear of getting the camera wet, but I did get some great ones of the kids and Thomas playing in the creek.
ACTION SHOTS!
Spencer always turns his head away when I take a picture, but this time it worked out. I love the background of the sun and the trees.
Baby ducks:
There were a ton of ducks and geese around. It was funny though because when we went to feed them we had to chase them down.
It must have looked pretty funny to see me and the kids running after ducks pelting them with bread yelling “Hey, wait up! We just want to feed you!”
We only got a handful of girl ducks to even trust us enough to come to our soggy bread in the water. All well. Spencer loved chasing them and I’m sure he was not the only one or they wouldn’t have been so skittish.
I took SO many pictures there is no way I could post them all. It was a great getaway vacation to paradise with the bonus of actually enjoying paradise because there was air conditioning close by to get a break from the heat!
We also went to a beach lake, swam in this lake, took a boat out a few times on the lake- one motor, one paddle. The paddle was a complete disaster, but the motor boat was really fun.
We ate out a few times, but the trailer had a full kitchen so we cooked a lot of meals.
Spencer took a number of breaks but enjoyed throwing rocks into the lake, chasing ducks (as previously mentioned), swimming, laying out in the sun, the hammock, 4 wheeler rides, the swings at the playground and the free Wi-Fi so he could watch Netflix when he needed a break.
Sammie and Tyler loved exploring the lake and trails and didn’t need many breaks from the outdoor fun. The particularly loved being independent in a way you can’t be when you are a kid in the city.
Thomas’ favorite part was probably the 4 wheeler. So cool!
I rode it a smidge- just from the front of the yard to the back to park it and stayed in 1st gear the whole time, but it was enough for me!
The best part of the whole week was going all day without knowing the time and not having to know the time or worrying about the time or worrying about how much time was left before we had to do XYZ… heaven!
I read 4 books, slept in the sun, walked with my kids a bit and enjoyed watching everyone enjoy.
I just realized how skinny Spencer looks in these pictures! Especially the one where he is jumping into the creek. With the angle of his arms and all of his ribs showing he looks so thin. I promise he is up to 70 lbs now!
ReplyDelete