The daily road of a family of five.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Do you know the muffin man?

This morning I got the baking bug.  It’s cooler- relatively speaking- still in the 90’s, but I cranked down the AC a bit and got to making muffins. 

It’s my go to snack in the winter when I’m trying to stretch a grocery trip for breakfasts and lunches, but I typically avoid baking in July.  The house smells wonderful though so it was worth a little heat while they were baking.

I figured I’d freeze a bunch of these for later in the summer as well.  I did that recently with pancakes and it worked really well.

I made like 90 muffins.  It’s super easy though and they only take 15 minutes to bake the big ones and about 8 to bake the little ones so it goes pretty fast.  I was done in just over an hour.

 

P1010156

These are the varieties and my reviews:


Apricot Jam- Wonderful!  My new favorite!

Peach with Grapenuts- OK, not a big peach fan, but the Grapenuts make this one tolerable for me.  I had a can of peaches I wanted to use and the kids seem to like them.  I bet they’d be a ton better with fresh peaches and if I ground them in the blender first. 

Cinnamon Grapenuts- Wonderful and good for you too!

Oatmeal- My old favorite- still pretty up there. 

Raspberry- I think I’ve tried raspberry in muffins before and was disappointed and I am again.  I need to remember that they just don’t set up that well and are a little too sweet with the applesauce egg supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment