The daily road of a family of five.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

“Pretend that um…”

As I sit at the computer today I have the happy sounds of children playing behind me.  It’s their favorite game that I lovingly call  “Pretend that um…”

P1010024

They play with figurines and say “Pretend that Um” all afternoon. 

Here’s some of what I heard:

“Pretend that Um…

he could still move around though

that he was locked in a cage

that we are over here eating a marshmallow

that his engine was very loud so it was hard to hear

he’s laying on a marshmallow like a pillow

that he says “don’t eat my pillow!”

that this is a magic ball

Pretend that um… that didn’t happen.

that he’s sitting here and then pops up

that he moves so fast she can’t see him

that she went towards her

that he caught her

then he took a shower

then a rock came by

then he screamed because he was naked and didn’t want the rock to see him. 

Then they burst into giggles…

They literally play this for hours on end.  Sometimes they even video tape it on Sammie’s camera.   They include Spencer in their game by giving him figures to hang upside down and walk around with.  I love it that they are buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment