The daily road of a family of five.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recipe Hunt

I’ve been in a cooking mode lately. Some weeks it seems we eat frozen pizza and mac and cheese all week long and other weeks I’m really motivated in the kitchen. Part of my enjoyment in the kitchen comes from going on a recipe hunt for new and interesting things to make. One of my favorite things to do online is to look at food blogs and recipe websites.

I have a few recipes I’ve found over web world lately that I am looking forward to giving a try.

Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta

Although, I always want try things with sun dried tomatoes and I’m almost always disappointed in the flavor of sun dried tomatoes. Maybe I’ll supplement regular grape tomatoes instead.

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I’ll substitute the one ranch dressing on the planet that doesn’t have eggs in it for the mayo, but I think this one looks like an interesting twist on regular old chicken salad.

7 Layer Greek Dip I make a 7 layer Mexican dip now that is a family favorite. Can’t wait to try this one. I love Greek food!

I also want to try some different marinades for the grill. Here’s the top of the list. Can’t go wrong with Ina!

Chicken Marinade

One more- had to throw in something sweet! Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie!

I love this quote from that blog post from Sara on Our Best Bites

“Wait Sara, I hate nuts! My kids are allergic to nuts! I am morally opposed to nuts!” Good for you. Leave them out. We’re talking about gooey cookie dough-ish deliciousness here. Good with or without nuts people.

I have to be so careful with Sammie because of her food allergies, but I have found that I can adapt almost any recipe to be Sammie friendly. We’ll use our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and leave out the nuts. Not that I’m morally opposed to them or anything. I support the right for others to eat nuts. Just not Sammie.

No comments:

Post a Comment