The daily road of a family of five.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sprinkler Park!

I took the kids to Creve Coeur park for the sprinklers for the first time this summer. We couldn’t believe it was already mid July and we hadn’t gone! It’s usually a once a week event, but with the heat this summer we have been little turtles as my friend Ashley likes to say.

P1010095

P1010096

Tyler ready to get dunked by the bucket.

P1010105

Spencer couldn’t find his swim suit (which of course I found when we got back, but we were in a hurry so I just told him to wear his shorts not counting on the fact that his OCD would kick in and he wouldn’t get wet without the swim suit.) Long story short- he’ll have to go back another time to get the full effect of the park.

P1010104

P1010107

P1010102

Tyler loved it.

One funny thing that happened was about a half hour into our park day we saw 2 school busses of kids coming so I snagged Spencer’s respite helper and told him he better grab Spencer and go to Target instead of staying because the noise level was going to go through the roof. Well, I was partly right.

It was noisy, but it was an autism day camp from Giant Steps here in St. Louis and so if anyone would have understood the meltdown that might have come it was them! Talk about making some noise though! Whew.

Sammie was in heaven trying to help all of the kids get use to the water and be courageous enough to go under the bucket. She has a special love for all kids with autism and just loved hanging out with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment