I have been reading the "Gone" series by Michael Grant. It was recommended to me by a bunch of 11 year old girls so it was likely that I would enjoy it. We have similar taste in reading material. :)
I did love the first one. "Gone" was great entertainment and a quick read- kind of a mix between the show "Lost" and "X-Men". Very cool. I'm about half way through the 2nd book "Hunger" and I am not sure if I will continue though. It's taking a turn for the disgusting. (I won't go into details here, but if you've read them you know what I'm talking about) Not much is being resolved in the story and more and more characters are being introduced to make for a dull and confusing book.
Poor Gregor the Overlander has been put aside and renewed twice from the library because the exciting sequel to "Gone" came up at the library on my hold shelf. I think it might be time to pick him back up.
Dereth, I knew you would want to know but it's been too crazy (and so have I to call you) this link will explain http://mitchsupdate.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteyour prayers will be appreciated, andrea