The daily road of a family of five.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday: Allergy Free Recipe: Oatmeal Cookie Bars

I love recipes that have simple ingredients that I usually have on hand. This recipe called for raisins and walnuts originally, but first- yuck- why ruin a perfectly good cookie with raisins and second- no nuts here. If you are not allergic to nuts I think they would be good with this bar. It's actually not too bad for you either. I added the raspberries on a whim and it turned out really well. Enjoy!
Egg Free Oatmeal Cookie bars
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup applesauce- I like the cinnamon flavored applesauce
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or other berry
Direction
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ). Grease a baking pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, white sugar, and applesauce. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the applesauce mixture. Add the rolled oats, top with raspberries.
Spread into a pan and bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment