The daily road of a family of five.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday's Organizing Challenge: Report

Just a quick update about some of the things we've tried to do this summer:

- Summer Reading Program- Sammie completed her summer reading program. She's turned into quite the bookworm- she sleeps with books- reads herself to sleep and wakes up in the morning and reads until she gets hungry. Spencer and Tyler have a few more weeks until they are done, but they should finish too.

- Returns bookcase- except for Sammie's books that she cuddles with at night we have kept this up. I need to holler every now and again, but overall it's good. I have put a limit on the number of materials they can check out though- we are at 5 each right now.

- Laundry System- works when I actually do laundry. Hmmm... go figure. Actually I think Sammie's basket is upstairs right now in her room full... have to handle that today.

- Sammie's Bendaroo Work List- She is finished! We found some bendaroos at Schnucks for $10 rather than $14 online and $20 at Target so we snatched them up and earned them Saturday. We are so proud of her and her dedication. It's a two for one- learning good skills and understanding that it takes hard work and money to buy the things we want. She wants to keep working on the list to earn extra money for her next big purchase.

Tyler did a short one to earn some hot wheel cars and he was excited too. He was my laundry helper, my dishwasher helper, and my set/clear the table guy the other day and did great!

- Atkins Family Summer list- we've knocked off a few things, but we were for sure more "gung ho" about it at first. We'll have to take a look at it again this weekend and see what we can check off.

I guess that's about it. I think it will be good for me to reflect on what has worked and what hasn't. Next week I'll think of something else to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment