Gizmo had a great time! Love that puppy smile!
Tyler's favorite photo face. Love that little boy face!
On the road. Don't they look excited?
They had a sand box at the camp site. It was great to see all 3 of them playing together.
This is actually last Thursday at the dog park. We took Gizmo there and had a picnic.
Monday- Memorial day picnic with the church at Vago Park
Tuesday- Camping Vacation/Float trip
Wednesday- Hike through the woods at Meremac River camp site- a few scary moments, but overall only a few bug bites worse for wear.
Thursday- Grants Farm and the Wild Bird Sanctuary- followed by getting lost in the woods
Feeding the goats at Grants Farm.
Spencer and me before we got lost. We look happy! A little blurry though.
Me and my boys walking along.
A bird from the bird sanctuary- there's a wild animal hospital attached to the woods. It was hard to decide which bird to post. They were all so beautiful and a few were quite the posers.
Friday- Ferry Ride! Lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Burnett in Kampsville, Illinois at the Kampsville Inn- it's about an hour and a half away. We could have been in Jacksonville in another 15 minutes, but it was a fun outing for the kids. (I could have done without the 3 hours alone in the car with said kids, but we don't always get what we want)
Thomas rode his bike there. He had an interesting encounter with a buck that I'll share later. Let's just say his native american name might now be "Rides with Deer". Scary.
Our ferry boat ride. Can you believe I got a bit sea sick on a stupid ferry? What a joke. I guess I need to let go of my anniversary dream of a cruise if I get sick on a ferry boat.
Saturday- Botanical Gardens with Sammie's achievement day girls and Tyler- Spencer and Dad went to get doughnuts! (this is a picture of the group posing on statue sheep)
Sunday- It was wonderful to have a day of rest today after all of this activity.
I'll post more pictures of our vacation tomorrow on Picture Day!
I love your new blog and reading and seeing pics of you vacation. What a fun stay-cation you enjoyed. The float trip sounds amazing! I love being out on the water - and fresh water is always more enjoyable to me than salt water. Guess you don't have to worry about salt water in the midwest, but when you come to Maine and swim in the Atlantic, you will understand.
ReplyDelete