The daily road of a family of five.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday's Organizing Challenge: 5 minutes




5 minutes.

What can you really do in 5 minutes? Well, I timed a few things-

- empty a dishwasher
- wipe down a bathroom- including sink, mirror, top of toilet, toilet, fix towels and maybe sweep if you don't have little hands helping you
- switch the laundry
- weed a few plants
- sweep the kitchen well
- see the top of my desk again
- pick up the front room
- straighten the basement
- make a bed
- put a basket of folded clothes away
- empty the fridge of ugly old leftovers

I'm sure there's more. Sometimes I find myself looking at a small project and thinking- oh, I don't have time for that right now when really it's a 5 minute or less job. So, my organizing challenge for myself today is not to get myself worked up and overwhelmed about how big a job is- set a timer and start! Maybe I'll surprise myself and it will go by faster than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment