The daily road of a family of five.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday: Organizing challenge



My challenge this week:

Avoid Mount Washmore.


Stick to my new laundry system. Here's the new system. I wrote it out on a piece of computer paper with a magic marker that barely writes and taped it to my laundry room door. (no joke, if you come to my house you can look at it)

This is what it looks like:

LAUNDRY

1. Throw all laundry down the laundry chute.
2. Mom will sort, wash, dry and fold all laundry.
3. You will pick up your laundry from your assigned basket in the laundry room.

That's it folks. I'm going old school. What I hate about laundry is the hauling baskets around so I hope this system sticks. It's much easier to remind the kids to take their laundry to the chute than it is to schlep all of those baskets up and down the stairs. Oh, and guess what? Those named baskets never leave the laundry room because every day there will be a small stack of clothes for the kids (and grown ups) to put away! Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment