Happy Father's day!
It was a pretty fun week. We did a variety of things including:
- making paper dolls (scary) and decorating a paper flag for flag day (fun)
- checking out 50 books from the library- didn't loose one thanks to the return bookcase! What amazes me is they have read almost all of them. Sammie reads about 5 books a week- big books too- she's really in to "Encyclopedia Brown" right now.
- went swimming with Nicole! Thanks Carol for sharing your pool!
- drove all over town looking for a Sonic to use their free slushy cards from the library after swimming. Turns out the silly things were only $1. I'm sure I wasted that much in gas. All well.
- I went to my first garden party- big hats and everything.
- Sally's 41st b-day surprise party!
- Behavior Therapy- trying to figure out Spencer's food issues and aggression
- Shopping trip with Sammie and Tyler to buy the groceries for Sammie's Bendaroo list. Very cool to see her so excited about learning how to shop for food and prep. meals. So far she's made homemade pizza and 7 layer dip and chips and they were both yummy! She's quite the sous chef.
- Went to a baby shower for a good friend who is having a little girl. I'm so happy for her.
- Ate an Amazing Chocolate Dessert that I will post at a later date even though it has eggs in the brownies... maybe I'll find a recipe for egg free brownies.
- Came home from the baby shower to a clean house and clean kids!
- Spent some quality shopping time with Sammie on Saturday.
- Spending Father's day at church and relaxing with the family after. Sammie's going to make Sloppy Joe for lunch (one of Thomas' favorites) and we have a little gift for him.
- The bump: Wanted to go to Conner's birthday party in Jacksonville on Saturday (our 4 year old nephew) but Spencer was having a difficult time and we decided to stay home. More about this on Tuesday in a post I'm going to call "Effective Advocating: Stepping back"
No comments:
Post a Comment